Chidimma Adetshina Decries Unfair Treatment In Deportation Bid
Chidimma Adetshina has spoken out over what she described as unfair treatment in South Africa.
The former Miss South Africa contestant and Miss Universe Nigeria 2024 winner made the comments after a court postponed her legal battle over her potential deportation and detention.
Adetshina addressed journalists on Wednesday, August 19, 2026, following proceedings at the Cape Town Regional Court.
She reminded the public that she was born in South Africa.
The former beauty queen also said she still trusts the country’s judicial system.
“I believe that I have been treated unfairly and targeted,” Adetshina said.
She alleged that authorities had tried to make her an example.
However, she said she would not respond to the situation with anger.
Instead, Adetshina said she would continue to use legal channels to resolve the dispute over her status and citizenship.
She explained that she had already applied through the appropriate legal process to have the matter determined.
“I have applied through the proper legal channels to have my status and citizenship determined,” she said.
Adetshina also called for the rule of law to guide the situation.
She warned against allowing xenophobia and misinformation to influence how people are treated.
“South Africa is governed by the rule of law,” she said.
The beauty queen also appealed for the principles of Ubuntu to guide the process.
She said she had followed the appropriate legal procedures throughout the dispute.
Adetshina added that she would continue respecting the court and every legal process involved in the case.
Meanwhile, the Cape Town Regional Court said it could not determine her detention pending the proceedings at the Western Cape High Court.
The court subsequently postponed the matter until February 2027.
Adetshina’s case continues to draw attention as she seeks a legal determination of her status and citizenship in South Africa.
What Do You Have To Say?