Prince Harry and Meghan to Return to Britain With Their Children
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are reportedly preparing to move back to Britain later this month. The Sussexes are said to be leaving their California home for a private residence outside London.
According to The Telegraph, the couple has already enrolled their children, Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5, in British schools for the upcoming academic term.
King Charles III was reportedly informed of the plans on Sunday. The news was apparently not discussed during the family’s UK visit in July.
The King is said to welcome the chance to spend more time with his grandchildren. However, the move will not change Harry and Meghan’s royal status.
The couple will remain private citizens and non-working members of the Royal Family.
Harry and Meghan moved to North America in 2020 after stepping away from royal duties. Their departure came amid growing tensions with the royal family.
They had cited intense media attention, online abuse, family tensions and difficulties within the institution as reasons for leaving Britain.
Since then, Harry has returned to the UK several times. He attended Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral in 2022 and King Charles’ coronation in 2023.
His visits have also included meetings with his father. One such meeting last year came after a 19-month gap between them.
The family’s July visit appeared to signal another step toward rebuilding ties. King Charles and Queen Camilla hosted Harry, Meghan and their children at Highgrove House in Gloucestershire.
It was reportedly the first time in four years that Charles had seen the entire Sussex family together.
Harry was also in Britain for several charity engagements. Among them was an event connected to the Invictus Games, the international sporting competition he founded for wounded service personnel and veterans.
If the reported move goes ahead, it could mark a major new chapter for the Sussexes and their relationship with the Royal Family.
Share Your Thoughts Below!